background

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Motherhood after 7 weeks...

Maggie will be 7 weeks on Monday...and I'll say it again...time is flying by!
Last weekend we loaded up and headed to the bay for the 4th of July weekend. The weather was perfect! As for Maggie, night one was a little sleepless, but the days were GREAT! It was nice to get to hangout and relax with friends and family. On Sunday, Popo and Bez watched Maggie so Jackson and I could go out on the water. We all anchored in the pass and did a little swimming. However, when it was time to go, I climbed in the boat, helped my sister climb in the boat, and when I turned around to go to the front of the boat.....a wave hit and I FLEW to the bottom of the boat!! That's right....all you could see where my legs sticking up in the air!! Since I flew over the seats, I scratched my shin up pretty bad on one leg and I have a bruise the size of TX on the other thigh! Trust me....it's real pretty! haha We headed home on Monday morning and relaxed/slept the rest of the day.

Ok...let me back track for a second...the Wednesday before the 4th of July weekend, I noticed some bumps on Maggie's face. I assumed it was baby acne and worried no more about it. As the days went on, I noticed they weren't getting better. This past Tuesday, Mom and I went in to Richmond so she could get some home improvement items. I suddenly noticed that Maggie's face was really red and broken out. My first thought was it was the heat?! I took her out of her carseat/stroller so she could cool off. It got a little less red, but not really. Finally yesterday, I had had it. I called the doctor and took her in. Apparently she has cerebal?????? (cradle cap) and when the flakes land on the skin it causes a rash. Well, I haven't really noticed any flakes, but I guess I shouldn't aruge with the dr. So I'm suppose to wash her hair once a week with Celebrex or Selson Blue.  Another thing Maggie has been battling is GAS!! OMG!! My poor baby will randomly start screaming at any given time and will scream until she toots! :( I feel so bad for her. I've been giving her Little Tummy drops, but those only help a little. Again, the dr. said to not change her food because this is normal and will last until she is about 3 months. Really??? That's a long time. He claims the crying is their way of "pushing" out the gas. So agian...I didn't aruge.
On a good note, she did weigh in at 8lbs 14oz (fully clothed)!! Doc made a comment about putting her on a diet....hopefully he was joking...but I didn't see a smile!

This weekend we are taking it easy! Jackson woke up with Maggie last night and I got a full nights sleep!! It was refreshing! First time since she has been born!!

Below are a few pics!     Have a great weekend!

                                                   
                              Proud Popo.....right before he fed Mags and she spit up ALL over him!!

                                                     Miss Lauren helping take care of Maggie


                                                  She loves baths and washing her hair


                                                                   Kisses

1 comment:

  1. She is just precious and I am glad it is going so well!!! I can't wait to see her grow! YAY for the weight gain so awesome.
    Here's the scoop on Seborrheic Dermatitis, it is so common in newborns the Selsun Blue will help also put vaseline in her hair about 20min before bathing and then when you wash her hair it will have loosened up the areas. If the rash gets really bad you can use Hydrocortisone 1% once daily for 5 days on it but I only recommend it if it gets terrible if not it will clear up on it's own. If you ever need anything or have any questions call me between Charlie and I we would be happy to help. Having a pediatrician and a pedi nurse practitioner as parents would seem helpful but when it comes to Vivianne it changes :) I love watching Maggie grow and see what is coming next for Vivianne but slow her down they are growing too fast!

    ReplyDelete