background

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mommy's First Vacation

This past Monday, my mom, aunt Becky, Alicia, Clay, Layton, Tiffany, and I went to New Braunfels for a few days. I was VERY nervous leaving Maggie for that long. Gladys, Jackson's grandma kept her during the day on Tuesday and my Granny kept her on Wednesday. Jackson had the nights all on his own!! I knew she was in good hand the whole time, but I still missed her and worried like crazy!!

We got to NB Monday night and had a yummy super at Clear Springs...and yes we had their famous onion rings! We woke up Tuesday morning and headed to Schlitterbauhn. Even though we were there early, we still had to wait 1.5 hours to ride Master Blaster! Aunt Becky, Tiffany, Clay, and I did the wait! I must say that even though the ride is maybe 1 min long.....it was worth it! Clay and I rode together and even caught some air on a few of the drops! haha We spent the morning between the two newer parks and decided to head to the main park at lunch time. Well....as we were boarding the tram, the lady tells us that some idiot crashed into a transformer and the main park was out of electricity! Just our luck!!! So we sat in the hot tub and had a drink and went around the lazy river another 10 times. By then both parks were PACKED and it was no fun anymore! My mom went and complained and they gave her a free voucher for each of us, and then we went and complained and got our money back! haha Yes, we screwed them! j/k   That evening a bad storm blew through and knocked out the power at the campsite we were at. We quickly showered and headed to Gruene for dinner. Wednesday morning we woke up, had breakfast and headed to the river. We floated the Comal and it took about 3 hours. The water felt great! Usually it is unbearably cold...but I guess since it just rained, it felt great!! After the river, we headed back home!
Our vacation was short but very enjoyable!! Hopefully we will go back soon and use our vouchers! haha 
Once I got home I cuddled with my sweet baby girl and visited with the hubs! He informed me that Maggie had been eating 12 oz between 6-9 and had been sleeping until 3:30am! Of course I was excited, but didn't believe him 100%....I figured she woke up and he just didn't hear her! NOPE....she did the same last night! Looks like our baby girl is starting to sleep longer and is getting closer to making it all night!! Whoo-hoo!!!
Tomorrow is Jackson's 31st birthday and Saturday Maggie will be two months! Time is flying by!! We go for her two month shots on Monday. I go back to work August 9th, and am going to miss her like crazy! :(

Below are some pictures that Alicia took last week! I"m in love with them!!











2 comments:

  1. YAY for vacay! Can't wait for that sleeping schedule to start in our house this every 2-3hrs is getting old :) quickly

    ReplyDelete