background

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pregnancy Catch-Up...

WOW!!! So I just realized it has been since September since I blogged!! Yikes! Lots to catch up on so be ready for lots of blog posts!

Well to start...my pregnancy with Marion was pretty good. I did have some back pain from time to time, but over all it was a good pregnancy. Here is the last few months in a nutshell.....

Back in January I asked my doctor what his plans were for Spring Break. Since I was due the week after, I really wanted to be induced during or before so that I could have that extra week home with the baby, and both my mom and sister would be off to help out if needed. My doctor did have spring break plans, but said he would induce the week before. YAY!! I was super excited! I was very busy at work, so I shifted it into high gear and was really trying to get everything done possible since I was going to be out on leave.

My monthly appoints continued to go well, and according to the ultrasounds, the baby was growing as expected and seemed to be healthy. Around 35 weeks, I began to get some pretty bad back pain, which I assumed was the baby dropping since I had the same pains at the same time when pregnant with Maggie, so I didn't worry much. Then, I got to where I couldn't eat...every time I did eat, I either vomited or I was miserable...I had no more room in my belly for both baby and food!! At this point, I was pretty sure I was not making it to March 1st...I just knew this baby was coming soon! Well, after about a week or two, I started feeling better, and March 1st came and went...and I was still pregnant! At my appointment on March 5th...the one I was hoping he was going to schedule my induction for March 8th...my doctor informed me that the hospitals no longer allow elected inductions until 38 1/2-39 weeks and March 8th would make me 38wks....also, he had a patient that morning at the hospital dilated to a 4 and having contractions, and the hospital fought him to send her home!! Yikes! He won and she stayed, but he couldn't take me back a few days later and try to do the same...so I had to wait... His next day on call was March 20th, so we planned to induce that morning. I saw a different doctor over spring break and I was dilated to a 3 so with my luck, I figured I'd go into labor while my doctor was gone. I was already having contractions in my back so I just knew it was coming! haha

I tried my best to relax and enjoy my spring break. Alicia and I packed up and took Maggie to the bay and to Magnolia beach that Thursday and Friday. Since I was suppose to deliver in Sugarland, I knew being about 1hr 45mins away...this would surely do the trick....NOPE!! Still had contractions...but no labor yet.

Monday rolled around, and I hadn't planned on going back to work..because I just KNEW I'd have had the baby by now...but off to work I went! I went in for a doctors appt that morning and I was dilated a little more than a 3 so we continued with our plan to induce Wednesday morning. Back to work I went. I spent Monday and Tuesday finishing up loose ends and making sure everything was in place for my wonderful colleagues to handle while I was out.

Then the time came........and that's a whole nother blog......

No comments:

Post a Comment